We are a group of Orinda residents that envisions an improved downtown that serves as the heart of our community.
We'd like a restored, charming downtown where people get out of their cars, connect with each other and experience great local amenities. A gourmet supermarket, buzzing coffee shops and restaurants, a pleasant walk from Theater Square to the Community Center...we think it's possible, with community support!
- Advocate for conditions that will attract great retail options, a new grocery store, restaurants and other "lifestyle amenities"
- Respect Orinda's history and small-town feel, while supporting opportunities to modernize downtown
- Educate ourselves and inform fellow Orindans about what's happening and how to get involved
- Encourage support for local businesses
- Investigate short-term solutions in the context of long term planning efforts